Monday, February 16, 2009

1st Birthday















So My little baby is One year's old. I can't believe it. It doesn't seem like she's been with us that long and at the same time I don't remember her not being here. We had a great party with family at our house last Saturday and she got to have her own cake. Matt thought that was the weirdest thing but its a tradition I want to keep.

She's grown so much. from being my little tiny baby to my big and ever growing toddler.
Born Feb 8th at 1:30 in the morning 6 lbs 7 ozs and 20 1/4" tall
14 days later she is 6lbs 14ozs and still 20 1/4" tall
2 months old 10lbs 7ozs and 22" tall
4 months old 14lbs 9ozs and 25" tall
6 months old 17lbs 11 ozs and 26 3/4" tall
9 months old 20lbs 1 oz and 28" tall

I'll find out on Thrusday her 1 year stats. I can't believe how big she's gotten. It's so fun the things I see her doing each day. She knows which book has the Lion and Monkeys in it. She imitates our sounds. She loves on the big bear Melissa got her for her birthday. and Loves to lay down on the blanket she got too. She has a lot of dollies now and she loves to hug them after I've hugged them. She got a pop up toy that I once closed with the cute kangaroo she got from Rachel , bouncing up and down and now that's how she wants them closed. She remembers a lot. I try to hide something from her and that doesn't work as she remembers where my hands go and try's to look for them.

She still only has 4 teeth, 2 on top and 2 on bottom. So I have a hard time thinking of things to feed her other then her baby food which she doesn't always like to eat. She hasn't tried to climb out of her crib yet which I am grateful. She is so much of a mover and a goer that that would definetly be a bad thing. She climbs into the tub by her self now too.

I love my little Kathryn Olivia. Thank you all who have helped me in raising her and being there for questions and showing your love for my baby. I'm sure she will love getting to know each of you as time goes by and she realizes how much she is loved by the many family members around her.

Pictures coming soon. computers on the fritz and Kathryn is awake! got to go play with my cute baby!

4 comments:

Aaron and Kira Adams said...

I was just thinking the other day that she should be turning 1! What a quick year it has been.. :) Cant wait to see pictures from the party. Like always I wish that I was there to celebrate with you!

Jessalee said...

It looks like she had a great time. Happy Birthday little Kathryn!

Chuck and Katie said...

Wow, I didn't realize that our babies were only a month apart. she is adorable.

Helen Thomas Robson said...

happy bday kathrine.
love you guys.
helen