Friday, April 18, 2008

The Extra Degree

So its been awhile since I last posted. Seems I've been kind of busy. or I just think I'm busy.


We did make it to our first trip and back with Kathryn without any bumps. She did amazing. next week I will tell her story of our fabulous San Diego trip. She has a lot to say about that trip. ha ha


And tomorrow I head out with two sisters and my mom to a cousins wedding in St George. Just me Kathryn, Rachel, Jessica and Kash and my mom. Its going to be an interesting ride. with two babies and a bunch of girls.

I am apart of a leadership developement system and the last few CD's that I have received are all about keeping your finances in order. So I hope we all get to listen to some of them on the way there and back. We all need to be better with our money and this way we can talk about some of the points they give.


Kathryn had her 2 month appointment last week. The doctor said she was perfect yet again. And she didn't get all fussy after her shots either. I couldn't ask for a more perfect baby. Anyway she is now 10 lbs 7 oz and 22 inches long. She's almost to take over her cousin Kash who is two months older. He had his 4 month and he was only 11 lbs something. Kathryn was in the 50th percentile for her age and Kash is in like the 3rd percentile. He is the cutest baby. Just so little though. If any of you know Jessica check out her blog on my family list for Jessica Nickerson. to see how adorable her baby is.


Kathryn went to sleep tonight at 8 and didn't wake up till 1:30. I just put her down again and I hope she doens't get up until at least 6 or 7. We'll see. I wouldn't mind just getting up one time if she slept that long all the time. She does good either way but I like that she went to sleep earlier then later like she ususally does.


I'll post pictures next week of both these trips. I'd do some now but my camera's batteries have ran out and I don't have more just now.


Kathryn is in a childrens photo shoot tomorrow. I feel so honored that my friend Helen Robson would pick my baby for her shoot. Her work is absolutly amazing. If you ever are in need of a great photographer check her out I have links to her childrens website and her personal blog on my friends list. She is such a wonderful friend I'm so glad that I have been able to get to know her better.


I'd like to also make a quick Happy Belated Birthday to my friend Kenyon Robson. Sorry I missed the fun last weekend. the Party sounded like it was so much fun. I want to wish you a wonderful year ahead with the greatest happiness.


I get emails every day called walk the talk and this last one was about the book 212 degrees. It had a movie that went along with the book. It was awesome. the jist of that book is that to start out water is just hot at 211 degrees and at 212 water boils and with that makes steam and steam can run a huge train. Its the little extra we do each day that makes the difference. It gave examples of olympic games where it was just fraction of seconds that was the difference from the winner and the next in line. So it is the smile we give to the person we walk by . Its the hard work we put in at work when no one is looking. Its the thank you or hug we give that will make the differnce in everyones life. So to end my post I'd like to wish everyone the best in going that extra degree.

And I'll tag everyone to let me know what little thing that they did this week that was probably the best thing for someone else. I want to know what we are all doing to go the extra degree in the world today.


I look forward to seeing some new posts next week on my return.

love you all.

1 comment:

H said...

Congrats on the long night of sleeping!
My extra degree? I pushed Tasha on the swing not once, but three times...and she knows how to pump herself.