Monday, June 15, 2009

Shrimp Stuffed Tomato and my other favorite!

This is one of my favorite meals that I'm allowed to eat for the HCG diet I'm on. I made it for Matthew tonight and he actually liked it too. I think I'll try it with fish once I go back to the store and get some more tomatoes.




100g cooked shrimp
tomato(es) - allowed amount
juice of half lemon
1 T parsley (and any additional seasonings you like)
salt/pepper to taste
tabasco (optional) - for this I use a salsa that I made that is approved for this diet. Tastes so yummy.



Place cooked shrimp in food processor. Pulse a few times to chop up shrimp. Or, simply chop with sharp knife.
In small bowl, combine chopped shrimp, parsley, lemon juice, salt/pepper.
Cover and refrigerate 30 mins-1 hr.
When ready to serve, cut off top of tomato. Scoop out inside of tomato.
Chop & combine inside of tomato with shrimp mix. (You may discard seeds if you like.)
Fill tomato with shrimp mix.
Top with a couple dashes of tabasco (optional) and serve.


TIP: This is great using baked fish as well.


Celery, Apple, Chicken Salad

That is another of my favorites. I use Green apples. Makes it that much more tangy. I put a little lemon juice on top and a dash of salt and pepper and its an awesome salad.


No comments: