Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Independence Day


We had a fun Fourth of July! We were woken up with a call to come have yummy waffles at John and Micah's. Then we were deciding what to do for the rest of the day and Matthew's Uncle stopped by and asked if we wanted to come swim and BBQ with their family that afternoon. I had fun swimming with Kathryn. Kathryn LOVES to Swim!! She's getting more daring all the time. It's time for some floaties! For this I made some yummy brownies, that I didn't taste, that were stars, flags and two firecrackers. I was quite proud of myself. The pictures doesn't do it justice at all. They looked fantastic.





Then we went to my parents that evening and went out to see the fireworks in Chandler with Melissa and Stefan's family and my parents. We had a great view! Took quite a while to get home but it was fun. Melissa took lots of pictures of that event so I'll have to get pictures from her to post.

On Thursday I was at the store and Kathryn was wearing two of the new bows I had made and the lady behind us at the check out commented how cute the bows were and asked if I have a Red, White and Blue one for the holiday. I was like NO shoot I've got to make one. So I made a really cute bow for the fourth. I have to say Kathryn was such a cutie for this holiday!



I love this holiday! I love to remember how blessed we are for living in a land of the free. I just pray always that our leaders of this great nation will keep it that way!

No comments: