Tuesday, March 23, 2010

California Academy of Sciences and the Beach!



Tuesday we went to the Academy of Sciences. Kathryn loved all the fish and the kids play area. It's amazing the amount of different ocean fish/animals there are. They had an Anaconda and an Albino Alligator. We got to touch some of the star fish too. Kathryn wouldn't touch any of them. I should have sat in the wheel chair more that day. Well I should have sat in it more all week.

My mom I think had more fun and was fascinated by more of the animals then the rest of us were. She said she likes going to places like that on her own so that she doesn't have to keep up with those of us who just look and pass by and not really look and take in all there is to see.

Kathryn got kind of cranky by the end so we didn't end up going in the rain forest part or to see the planetarium. She fell asleep again on the way home. After naps we went to the beach before dinner. I think this was Kathryn's favorite part of the trip. She got to chase the water back to the ocean with Matthew and then get chased by the water over and over.

This beach had an over abundance of sand dollars everywhere. Mostly all broken into pieces but my mom found one whole one and I found one with just a little hole on top.

Kathryn also just loved playing in the sand. I think it reminded her of the little sand box at grandmas. I told the Doc on Monday that I thought this was her favorite part because of it being the biggest Sand box she'd ever seen!! He laughed and laughed at this.

The beach is so nice to just walk down. It is really hard for me to walk back out of the sand though. Wears me out just thinking about it. But I love going and just listening to the waves and watching the sun go down.

Each day was a new adventure with Kathryn. I loved every moment. I just wish it could have been a little longer.

No comments: