Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Pier 39 and St Patty's Day!




On Wednesday we took the train and a trolley to Pier 39. We got to see the Sea Lions and ride the carousel. Kathryn loved the carousel. She wanted to go over and over again on different animals. She really wanted the black horse and as soon as it ended she said she wanted to ride the bunny right next to her. We only had enough for one ride so she was a little disappointed.

We stopped at a Crazy hat store and did our only celebrating of St Patrick's Day. The hats were fun. We got Kathryn a little dog in a carrier. She found these and went to town picking them all up and walking around the store like she was the owner of all these cutie little puppies.

We ate at a wonderful place were my mom and I got the clam chowder in a bread bowl. SO YUMMY! This time Kathryn didn't fall asleep on the way home. She liked being on the train way to much.

I have really wanted to get to Ghiradelli (sp) Square but Matthew won't let me as I'm the diabetic who gets an increase in my insulin every week. Maybe he'll let me go someday before we leave.

I still can't get over how fun it is to watch and see how Kathryn has grown in the last month and a half. It amazes me the things she knows. I like to sing to her 'You are my Sunshine' and while here she finally realized that I was calling her My Sunshine. She'd get her face all scrunched up and say 'I'm your sunshine" and laugh with me. So adorable. I hope she doesn't' mind if I sing that song to Charlotte cause they will both be my Sunshine's!!

No comments: